Remote Lead Software Engineer
Santa Ana, California; Dallas, Texas
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
First American is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our team.
You will be responsible for supporting and contributing to the architecture, and design, as well as leading the development and launch of a new cloud-native application. We're interested in talking to you if you're passionate about new opportunities and you have a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. You love coding and find yourself keeping up with the latest technology trends. You tinker, explore and regularly read to stay in touch with the development community and are passionate about discovering ways to improve quality, reusability, extensibility and consistency. You are multi-faceted with a great mix of technical and interpersonal skills, which enables you to succeed in highly collaborative and agile work environments.
TARGET TECHNOLOGY STACK:
Docker, Linux on Windows, AzureDevOps for pipelines, GIT, VSCode, NPM Package Management
- Design and develop a world-class secure cloud-native SaaS offering
- Assist the team on product delivery by writing code and reviewing pull requests
- Work in a fast-paced, agile product environment with small, focused teams
- Mentor & grow engineers across the team, leading by example and insisting on high standards
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Eager to learn new languages and technologies.
- Fluency with multi-platform software utilizing various programming environments and tools
- Strong experience designing and developing solutions using cloud technology (preferable AWS)
- Deep understanding on API strategies and best practices
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English language.
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, CI/CD, and Devops
- Rigorous focus on security at all levels of the application, a "shift left" mentality
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 9+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience working with distributed teams is preferred
#LI-BH1First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.