Remote Lead Software Engineer
Santa Anna, Texas-Remote; Arizona-Remote; Nevada-Remote; Texas-Remote; Washington-Remote;
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealth management, and trust solutions on a national, full-service basis for more than five decades. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We Do
First American Trust is looking for a result-driven Lead Software engineer who will be responsible for hands on coding as well as supporting and contributing to the architecture, design of cloud-native applications in addition to mentoring junior software engineers. We're interested in talking to you if you're passionate about new opportunities and you have a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. You love coding and find yourself keeping up with the latest technology trends. You tinker, explore and regularly read to stay in touch with the development community and are passionate about discovering ways to improve quality, reusability, extensibility, and consistency. You are multi-faceted with a great mix of technical and interpersonal skills, which enables you to succeed in highly collaborative and agile work environments. You are very comfortable leading the charge on multiple fronts and working outside your comfort zone to work on multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Monitoring, motivating and supervising software engineers on your team to achieve organizational goals.
- Work with Solution Architect and strategize design plans.
- A contributing member of the scrum team to design & develop software in an Azure cloud environment.
- Independently define, prioritize goals and tasks in a fast-paced agile product environment with small, focused teams.
- Derive optimal solutions and implement best coding practices.
- On call by rotation and after-hours support driven by business needs.
- Propose solutions to tough problems, build consensus among team & mentor junior developers.
- Very comfortable working outside your comfort zone, lead the charge on multiple fronts and work on multiple initiatives in parallel as needed. Be able to assist other product teams on tough problems as needed.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure best coding practices are utilized.
- Create a pleasant working environment that inspires the team.
- More than 8 to 10 years of experience in cloud-native applications (Azure strongly preferred, AWS is also ok) in Python/C# using SDLC best practices.
- Thorough understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) design and practices.
- Familiarity with design patterns.
- Strong RDBMS experience (PostgreSQL, MS SQL etc.) designing tables & writing queries. NoSQL experience is a strong plus.
- REST API development experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills & a great team player.
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, CI/CD, and DevOps.
- UI development experience using React/Angular or Ruby On Rails is a plus (nice to have).
- Deep understanding on API strategies, Integration Patterns and best practices.
- Eager to learn new languages and technologies.
TARGET TECHNOLOGY STACK:
Docker, Linux on Windows, AzureDevOps for pipelines, GIT, VSCode, NPM Package Management.
Pay Range: $94,800-$183,500
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.
What We OfferBy choice, we don’t simply accept individuality – we embrace it, we support it, and we thrive on it! Our People First Culture celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it’s the key to our success. We are proud to foster an authentic and inclusive workplace For All. You are free and encouraged to bring your entire, unique self to work. First American is an equal opportunity employer in every sense of the term.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.