Remote -National Account Director
Santa Ana, California-Remote; Colorado-Remote; Illinois-Remote; New York-Remote; Utah-Remote; Minnesota-Remote;
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! First American Property & Casualty Insurance Agency’s Transactional Risk Solutions division is a surplus lines insurance brokerage providing customers with customized insurance solutions for risks arising in commercial transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoWe are looking to add a National Account Director to our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for advising new and existing customers on transactional risk insurance products available for risks arising in commercial transactions. If you love interacting with a variety of sophisticated stakeholders leveraging your legal and financial acumen to solve complex issues, we’d love to talk to you.
What You’ll Do
- Provide insurance expertise in connection with acquisitions and dispositions of assets and businesses.
- Negotiate transactional risk insurance coverage options with insurance carriers, customers, and their attorneys.
- Review transactional documentation and due diligence materials.
- Accepts or declines risks and determines the placement of risks with various carriers.
- Serve as main point of contact on insurance opportunities from initial engagement through closing and policy issuance.
- Identify new profitable business opportunities; develops and maintains effective business relationships throughout the country.
- Create and execute sales and growth strategies.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on transactional risk insurance topics at industry and customer events.
- Analyzes key sales metrics to identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
What You’ll Bring
- Ideal candidate will have three or more years of M&A experience as an attorney, accountant, investment banker, or other deal professional. Experience with transactional risk insurance products is a plus.
- Experience advising business clients on practical insurance solutions to solve complex issues arising in transactions.
- Property & Casualty license and Excess/Surplus Lines license, or the ability to be licensed within the first 75 days of employment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Public speaking experience is a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal, customer service, sales, and relationship management skills.
- Willingness to travel to industry conferences and customer meetings as necessary.
- Must have strong legal and financial acumen.
- Requires a valid driver’s license
**This job is open to remote workers**
Pay Range: $113,000-$263,800 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.