Remote Senior Data Scientist
Santa Ana, California; Dallas, Texas; Houston, Texas; Los Angeles, California; Phoenix, Arizona; Salt Lake City, Utah; San Diego, California; Scottsdale, Arizona; Remote
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American’s family of companies, Data & Analytics is a national provider of property-centric information, analytics, risk management and valuation solutions. First American maintains and curates the industry’s largest property and ownership dataset with over 7 billion document images. Our major platforms and products include: DataTree®, FraudGuard®, RegsData™, TaxSource™ and ACI®. The First American Data & Analytics division boasts more than 20 patents and remains at the forefront of innovation - leveraging technology and data to deliver best-in-class decisioning solutions. Fueled by our industry-leading data and using our technology and proprietary process, our solutions provide lenders, real estate and title companies with actionable insights - enabling them to make better, increasingly automated, decisions. With offices in all major metropolitan areas, including California and New York, DNA teams work collaboratively from across the country. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Remote Candidates Welcome!!
We have an exciting role for a Data Scientist to help build and solve some of the most unique, interesting and challenging questions related to Natural language processing (NLP) utilizing a variety of Machine learning and deep learning techniques within Artificial Intelligence. The role will present opportunities to work on large datasets and the ability to use innovative techniques in Artificial Intelligence ranging from various NLP methods, computer vision, and deep learning to enable solutions that will be directly impactful to our customers. The solutions that you will POC, obtain feedback, quickly turnaround, iterate, story tell and integrate the model in a production pipeline will be a key success criterion for this position. You will completely own and manage the solution and collaborate with key product groups to provide innovative ideas and solution that are impactful and add immediate value.
- Use consultative approach to understand business problems and build solutions in an iterative manner.
- Works with product teams to identify opportunities for Machine learning Deep learning and computer vision models to enable key success criteria.
- Perform end to end activities within the data science life cycle from business problem understanding, exploratory data analysis, feature engineering, model training, model evaluation, visualization and deployment.
- Within an NLP problem able to design and implement all components of the solution starting from understanding the data set, document balance, modern tokenization techniques and utilize deep learning models and tune model parameters to achieve optimal model scores.
- Utilize Machine learning to identify pattern and anomaly in data sets.
- Proactively research, prototype and present ideas to senior management in areas of machine learning, deep learning and computer vision that are directly beneficial and impactful to business use cases.
- Participate and mature the data science framework with industry leading tools like Azure ML best practices and community of learning.
- Experience with state-of-the-art techniques within NLP and utilized transformer based models and tokenization schemes for NLP tasks.
- NLP project experience using pytorch, tensorflow, FASTai, spacy, huggingface transformers models.
- Coding experience with several languages like Java Script, Python,, etc.,
- Very good experience of querying databases (SQL)
- BS or equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science
- MS or PhD degree preferred
Typical Range of Experience
- 5 years’ experience building predictive and descriptive statistical models
- 2+ years of experience building models for NLP and Deep Learning and familiarity with NLP Packages and deploying NLP production grade pipelines
- 3+ Years Software development experience with 3+ years of experience with Python libraries including NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Matplotlib
#LI-CG2First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.