Remote Senior Financial Analyst
Santa Ana, California; Costa Mesa, California; El Segundo, California; Huntington Beach, California; Irvine, California; Laguna Woods, California; Los Angeles, California; Newport Beach, California; Ontario, California; Orange, California; Rancho Cucamonga, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
First American Title’s finance team is a team of very motivated, intelligent & business savvy professionals. The team is proactive, however value the ability to change direction &/or modify original assumptions quickly. With so many moving parts, the emphasis on structure, process rigor & due diligence is essential to sustain a high level of performance, while maintaining exceptional data integrity.
The Finance Team seeks a focused, ambitious financial professional to aid us in our efforts to provide accurate, efficient and timely financial planning and monthly review of fiscal results. As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will support essential aspects of financial planning, measurement, and control for one of First American’s business units. You will also have additional involvement with special projects related to business development, strategic growth and ad hoc analyses. The ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables efficiently and effectively is required. The successful Senior Financial Analyst will comfortably interact with all levels of management and clearly present the process and output of complicated analytics. This is a challenging position that offers the rewards of a fast paced environment, great compensation benefits with outstanding opportunity for professional growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the monthly close and variance analysis against actual results
- Provide in-depth analysis for building monthly & quarterly forecasts
- Report creation and consolidation for the senior team
- Track & analyze monthly operational metrics
- Interface with department heads, senior leaders, and our finance team
- Analyze processes and implement improvements
- Bachelor's degree in areas of Accounting and Finance or related field of study
- MBA or Master’s Degree in related field of study preferred
- A solid, demonstrated understanding of core accounting principles and financial concepts
- 4-7 years of financial analysis experience
- Detail oriented
- Ability to communicate complex issues simply
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills required
- Oracle and Hyperion Essbase skills are preferred
- Demonstrated ability to flourish in a fast paced, fluid environment
#FAMSTLFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.