Remote - Senior Manager, Quality Engineering
Santa Ana, California; California; Remote
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
** Remote Work Welcome**
Senior Manager, Quality Engineering
Be part of a transformative team that is shaping the way First American builds and delivers world-class technology products that fuel the real estate industry. We are looking for the best-of-the-best technology experts that will envision, design, develop, and deliver innovative solutions that provides exceptional experiences and lasting value to our customers.
First American is seeking candidates for a leadership role in our Quality Engineering practice. An ideal candidate will be an established leader that takes a hands-on approach with deep understanding of Quality Engineering activities, metrics working with Engineering and Product teams. This role will establish Quality Engineering practices and strategies across our most critical technology platforms. It requires leading teams of Quality Engineering personnel performing both manual and automated testing, working directly with other practice leaders and business stakeholders, while providing thought leadership to define and implement testing and test automation strategies. Additionally, qualified candidates will contribute by developing assets for the Quality Practice, building a community of practice, and developing a culture of shared accountability as it relates to product quality.
What You’ll Do
- Delivery: Leadership responsibility for driving Quality Engineering work across multiple mission-critical products and initiatives
- Build: Build and maintain quality engineering tools, workflows, and frameworks necessary to meet product quality and team goals
- People Management: Coaches, guides, and mentors a team of Quality engineers to ensure success and ongoing skill development
- Hiring: Successfully recruiting, hiring, and onboarding a team of Quality Engineering professionals
- Best Practices: Responsible for optimizing our Quality Engineering practices, including training, establishing methodologies, and creating / maintaining practice artifacts. Evangelize and drive adoption of best practices in code health, quality, test automation, reusability, maintainability, and reliability
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years in the software quality field, with 5+ years serving as a Quality/Test Lead, Architect, or Manager
- Experience leading test strategy in complex business domains, across a variety of technology platforms
- Strong understanding of test activities including test planning, test case design, and test execution
- Successful track record of instrumenting tools, Test automation and processes at scale for testing activities (Unit, Integration, Regression, Performance / Load, E2E, etc.)
- Deep understanding of QA automation workflows, CICD release pipelines, test environments across multiple products and release within an agile development framework
- Delivery leadership using agile methodologies
- Experience driving change throughout the product, engineering, quality, and operations functional areas
- Breadth of experience in various Quality Engineering roles from Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) through Management, including automation framework developer, performance engineer, and defect manager
- People Management experience
- Quality Engineering practice development
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fourth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
Pay Range: $94,200 - $220,000 Annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 7 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 50 out of Fortune 100 2022 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More