Remote-Software Engineering Manager-Nodejs & React Team
Santa Ana, California; Dallas, Texas
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity, and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
First American is looking for a passionate, energetic, and motivated IT Application Manager to join our Business Technology Solutions Division at the Corporate campus in Santa Ana, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to actively contribute to the building of a first-class application for our customers and employees. We are adding an experienced IT Application Manager to our team who is looking to work with new technologies and face new challenges.
You will collaborate with the Leadership, Product Management, Engineering and Operations Teams to deliver innovative solutions for the National Commercial Services division and its primary application.
As an experienced engineering manager, you will manage a team of 5 – 10 engineers operating across multiple squads to build complex custom software solutions. The goal of every team is to serve our customers. The IT Application Manager is the principal leader of the engineering team who is responsible for ensuring engineering output meets the highest of quality standards and that the team continues to thrive, grow, and continuously improve.
- At least 1-2 years managing, mentoring, and growing teams of software engineers.
- Proven track record of building teams that deliver complex software using modern engineering practices such as agile, cloud native, API first, CI/CD and DevSecOps with a customer centric approach.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Engineering Manager supporting the development of a product, you are responsible for:
Strategy and Consulting
- Participate in product ideation and discovery processes.
- Work with your teams to choose the tools, architecture and platforms used to deliver products.
- Define quality standards for products.
An ideal candidate will have a demonstrable understanding and hands-on experience with most of the following technologies:
- Azure DevOps
- Cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure
- React, Angular and Typescript
- SQL database (MS SQL)
- No-SQL database (Cosmos DB)
- Microservice architecture and Docker
Hiring and Training
- Attract, nurture, coach, and retain talent.
- Ensure every assigned engineer has a career progression plan with regular check-in points, real-time feedback, and goals.
- Ensure engineers are provided with continuous and valuable learning opportunities.
- Contribute to defining and building the vision for our engineering organization.
- Contribute to defining quality standards for our work.
- Contribute to creating training and learning material and opportunities for engineers.
- Responsible for secure engineering.
Managing and Directing
- Overall management and mentorship of developers in both senior and junior levels.
- Build and develop a high-energy, committed, and motivated engineering team focused on engineering and operational excellence to deliver quality business results.
- Talk to engineers to tease out concerns early, then fix them when possible.
- Resolve conflicts or performance problems with engineers.
- Embody the engineering culture and contribute to its advancement, inspiring everyone to live up to it.
- Represent the engineering organization with other departments and ensure we provide engineering support wherever necessary in the company.
- Support team happiness.
- Strong communication, cross team collaboration and interpersonal skills.
Engineering and Delivery
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the engineering output.
- Responsible for the continuous, iterative improvement of our engineering team and processes.
- Responsible for the overall planning, scheduling, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products.
- When necessary, act as Developer, QA, Architect, PM, etc.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and established policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots a wide variety of complex problems and identifies solutions within broad applications and functional expertise.
- Regularly provides input to define and implement conceptual issues.
*Remote candidates encouraged to apply
No jobs have been viewed recently.