Remote Software Solution Architect
Santa Ana, California-Remote; Arizona-Remote; Oregon-Remote; Texas-Remote; Washington-Remote; Nevada-Remote;
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's National Production Services division provides global title and escrow production support across all channels within First American Title including the Mortgage Services, Commercial, Direct, and Agency divisions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We Do
First American is looking for a passionate and energetic Principal Engineering
Architect that is eager to join a dynamic team where your skills can make a
significant impact. We are seeking a self-motivated, driven, and talented
architect to be a part of our innovative team.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to a mission-critical, highly visible project that is at the forefront of our company’s success.
- Showcase your imagination through leveraging cutting-edge .Net and Python technologies and innovative cloud solutions.
- Work with senior leaders on the team to design a modernized robust architecture to suit business needs
- Collaborate with product managers to translate business requirements into technical actionable requirements
- Champion change, evaluate design alternatives, perform cost benefit, and best fit proposals on tooling/technologies
- Identify opportunities for performance optimization, automation, and efficiency
- Experience implementing monitoring and logging services
- Mentor other developers while contributing to the growth and development of our teams
- Positive attitude and energy are highly important
- Flexibility in performing duties outside of normal work hours as needed to address critical business requirements
- Hands-on, working with multiple development teams at all levels (application code, pipelines, cloud infrastructure & design)
- Plan, structure, and support architectural design & technology solutions with proof-of-concepts (PoCs)
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years of work experience building production systems
- 2+ years of architectural design
- 3+ years of technical experience working with databases, compute storage, containers, and networks on AWS cloud
- Extensive experience in optimizing infrastructure cost in AWS
- Strong problem-solving and software triage skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment with distributed teams
- Passionate about crafting and delivering high quality products that meet customer needs
- Experience writing and understanding queries in SQL, Postgres and stored procedures
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Invested in on-going learning and improving technical expertise
- Leading teams/projects or workstreams in decision making, coaching, mentoring, and
- developing the teams’ skills
- Champions professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software
- development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship,
- collaborative, and organization skills
- SQL Server
- Containers - ECS Fargate or EKS
- ADO, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket/GIT, Jenkins
- Experience with workflow engines like Camunda is preferred
- Experience with implementing containers and serverless technologies preferred
- Familiarity in Financial and Insurance industry preferred
- Experience working with distributed/remote teams is preferred
Pay Range: $102,000-$160,000
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location
What We OfferBy choice, we don’t simply accept individuality – we embrace it, we support it, and we thrive on it! Our People First Culture celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it’s the key to our success. We are proud to foster an authentic and inclusive workplace For All. You are free and encouraged to bring your entire, unique self to work. First American is an equal opportunity employer in every sense of the term.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.