Remote Sr. UX Researcher
Santa Ana, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
About Underwriting Innovation At First American
Our product team is building the next generation of Real Estate Tech. You will join a team of creative thinkers who aren't satisfied with the status quo. We are changing our company and industry through a technology-forward and user-centric approach to building enterprise applications. We've built a map-based tool that aggregates information from multiple data sources to help our users identify title concerns. Next, our mission is to build a proprietary intelligent system and recommendation engine that helps our Underwriters make quicker and better coverage decisions for our clients.
- Ability to translate business questions to key research objectives, leveraging the best methodology to execute research, to synthesize and analyze findings.
- Adapt methods to the research question at hand using a range of methods, weave together qualitative and quantitative insights for data and empathy- informed understanding.
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the appropriate methodology.
- Create user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, voice of the customer, user journeys, customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes and low fidelity prototypes
- Incorporate customer feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into design
- Communicate clearly and confidently with stakeholders and align and execute critical insights that align with the business top needs and timelines.
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy.
- Design and execute end-to-end custom primary research using a wide variety of quantitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of business impact, UX, HCI, and social science.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (product management, data science, analytics, business, design, engineering) to identify and prioritize knowledge gaps in our understanding the ways in which our customers interface with our applications, and design research that uniquely contributes to solving for those knowledge gaps.
- Effectively manage and prioritize research plans through ambiguous and fast-changing environments.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions.
- Select how to invest your time and guide the team on which research tradeoffs are acceptable given the business question.
- Ability to explain metric analysis and analytical decisions clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences.
- Competence in key quantitative methodologies, e.g. card sorting and surveys.
- Act as a thought leader in research, while advocating for people who interact with our products.
- Mentor other researchers, and uphold our team's high standard of work.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Experience with technologies and resources for designers and UI developers: e.g., design systems, design tools and workflows.
- Solid understanding of Design Thinking, Agile, Lean and DevOps Principles.
- Proven fluency in a wide array of mixed-method research methodologies.
- Experience with personas, empathy mapping, road-mapping and other user experience methodologies.
- Experience in outcome-based delivery being business and solution focused.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to define business and technical parameters.
- Has knowledge of general business environment/operations and is sensitive to cost benefit fundamentals.
#TCORPITFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.