Remote Team Lead, Title Operations- West Coast
Santa Ana, California; Chandler, Arizona; Henderson, Nevada; Los Angeles, California; Murray, Utah; San Diego, California; San Francisco, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Are you someone looking for a leadership opportunity that will allow you to use your past Title Exam and Title Search experience on the West Coast while working for a world renowned title company? If so, First American Vacation Ownership has a unique remote opportunity available.
- Reports to department manager
- Answers routine day to day questions received from team
- Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring to team
- Responsible for supervising special projects assigned by department manager, tasks may include delegating responsibilities to other team members
- Immediately escalates issues/concerns to department manager
- Assists department manager in the following tasks:
- Meeting department goals and timelines
- Managing existing pipeline and assisting in future resource planning
- Establishing and maintaining effective procedures for department processes
- Training new employees and cross-training existing employees
- Conducting weekly or monthly audits of key functions within the department
- Consistently acts in accordance with Vacation Ownership Services’ Golden Rules and exhibits core First American values
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned
- Team Lead will not have any direct reports
In addition to managing personal pipeline tasks, the Team Lead will also be responsible for the following:
- Monitors, allocates and shifts all onshore tasks and pipelines to meet divisional and client service level arrangements. Reports on back-log and products outside of service level to manager.
- Performs all internal Quality Control checks on in-house title employees and tracks ratings to measure individual and overall team results. Provides one-on-one coaching when needed in order to improve quality ratings and workflow efficiencies.
- Takes lead in training on new projects and provides continuous feedback on projected timelines for rollout, including, but not limited to, system resources required, headcount allocation, development of training materials and other pertinent information specific to the project.
- Assists the Manager in the identification of potential process improvements plans and areas where training is required. Works with the Manager to develop a comprehensive training and roll-out process.
- Immediately escalates any items of concern to the Department Manager and when appropriate, also presents an action plan for correction.
- Creates resources and tools to be utilized within the division for daily processing and business continuity. Establishes a protocol and periodically ensures the resources and tools are being appropriately utilized. Responsible for periodic updates as required.
- Works on special projects, as required, to meet client expectations and provide divisional cross-training to ensure resources can be allocated when needed.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- People/leadership/interpersonal skills
- Research skills
- Complex problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain flexible to changing schedules and demands
- Solid administrative skills
- Participative leadership style – advocates team concepts
- Able to establish credibility and be decisive, coupled with the ability to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 4+ years related experience in title exam and title search
- Demonstrated leadership skills
License or Certification
- Title Agent license preferred but not required
Pay Range: $19.65 - $26.90 hourly
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.