Santa Ana, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American's family of companies, National Commercial Services provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
First American is reinventing the commercial title industry from within. We’re looking for a unique, ambitious individual who wants to join an early-stage operation within a larger, Fortune 500 organization. You will initially be rolling up your sleeves to drive the development of a new, end-to-end title operations process while collaboratively identifying product and technical opportunities to enhance the customer experience and operational efficiency of our new process. Then you will lead the charge for testing and iterating on these processes while closing commercial, national title transactions.
As an Underwriter, you will:
- Drive the development of a new, end-to-end operational process for title transactions
- Work on a remote team using technology and virtual communication
- Run all technical aspects of a commercial title transaction – from underwriting to post-close – with significant operational support
- Deliver excellent customer service to our customers
- Use data to drive decision making and continual process improvements
Core Traits We’re Looking for:
- 5+ years underwriting and closing national commercial transactions
- Law degree preferred
- A desire to disrupt and develop more efficient processes
- A desire to develop new approaches to underwriting and disruptive technologies
- Entrepreneurial, constantly looking for better ways to operate and serve customers
- Excellent understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process
- General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services
- Team oriented mentality, enjoys working collaboratively
- Able to navigate ambiguity
- Possess excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and strong time management skills
Why Join Our Team:
- You’ll join the ground floor of a transformative business where you can make an impact
- You’ll work alongside industry experts and the brightest minds to transform an industry
- You’ll be able to craft the career path you want!
- We foster a vibrant, welcoming, and inclusive company culture
- You’ll be entrusted with responsibility and autonomy in your day-to-day work
- You’ll have opportunities to advance your career from within, or for internal mobility
- We offer competitive compensation; an annual, performance-based bonus; and long-term incentive plans
- Customizable benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and 401K Match
- Flexible work options for certain roles
- Virtual and in-person team events
#LI-RemoteFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.