Salesforce Technical Director (Remote)
Santa Ana, California-Remote; Arizona-Remote; California-Remote; Utah-Remote; Washington-Remote; Colorado-Remote;
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoJoin the ranks of visionary technology leaders at First American's Direct Division—where history meets innovation, and tradition fuels transformation. As our Salesforce Technical Director, you'll be more than a technological leader; you'll be a steward of a legacy that stretches back to 1889. As our Salesforce Technical Director, you won't just be implementing technology; you'll be helping to define the culture of a sales and marketing organization undergoing transformative change. Your mandate will be to architect Salesforce solutions that serve as the backbone of our quest for unity—fostering communication, enabling transparency, driving alignment, and ensuring accountability across the board. We're not just seeking a technical expert; we're in search of a change agent. Your blueprint will craft an end-to-end sales and marketing process that nurtures desired behaviors and delivers tangible results. Your insights will build trust in Salesforce, enabling our sales and marketing teams to meet ever-evolving demands. Your strategies will be the foundation of a new operating model—bridging people, process, and technology to create a seamlessly integrated sales and marketing organization. And through your lens, data will not just be data; it will be the narrative that empowers every role within our sales and marketing organization. Be a part of the team that's not just making history but redefining it. Come architect the future of sales at First American's Direct Division. A multi-billion-dollar operation honored as a Fortune 500 Best Company to Work For. Your architecture won't just serve our business; it will set a precedent for the entire title and settlement industry.
What You’ll Do
- In partnership with product management, work directly with our Sales and Marketing organizations to translate business problems into actionable uses cases and roadmaps prioritized for maximum business impact.
- Lead design and solution workshops, review and decision making.
- Build, mentor, and coach a team of Salesforce admins and developers.
- Manage relationships with external vendors / consultants as appropriate.
- Prepare and document design principals, best practice, requirements, architecture design, etc.
- Stay current with technological developments within the Salesforce platform.
- Influence business and technology leaders on creating and promoting change for improving existing business processes, increasing ROI and overall effectiveness using Salesforce.
- Be responsible for solution governance, managing technical debt, and ensuring high reuse of common features.
What You'll Bring
- 10 years of prior relevant experience (people management experience a plus).
- A minimum of 5 years of Salesforce experience bringing Salesforce solutions to market from design to implementation
- Salesforce certifications as Administrator and Platform Developer and/or an architect track certification is desired.
- Experience with the following Salesforce solutions is strongly desired: Financial Services Cloud, CRMA, Marketing Cloud
- Good communication skills: ability to understand your audience and adjust your presentation style accordingly.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to spot gaps, challenge assumptions, push back and offer best-practice alternatives to ideas.
- Knowledge of what can and should be done with configuration vs. code and adheres to a “configuration before code” mindset.
- Deep configuration experience with process builder and flows.
Pay Range: $106,200 – $247,800 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.