Senior Security Engineer (Remote)
Santa Ana, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
- Authenticated and authorized vulnerability scanning of a hybrid enterprise across a variety of technologies and environments to determine high risk vulnerabilities to business assets.
- Investigate, recommend, evaluate, deploy and integrate security tools and techniques to improve our ability to protect corporate assets and infrastructure.
- Participate in technical risk assessments and security exposure analyses of systems, networks and business applications.
- Keep up to date on new Cyber Security trends and threats. Advise on issues and recommend proactive measures.
- Assist in defining and implementing Information Security technologies and/or processes required into corporate frameworks.
- Interact with internal and external clients on security requirements, identify security process and develops strategies/solutions to security issues while maintaining tight security discipline
- Develop test plan and implement rigorous testing prior to rollout of new systems into the production environment.
- Regularly interacts with senior management and peers in other departments for purposes of gaining cooperation, exchanging technical information, and presenting project plans and reports.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Deep expertise in vulnerability scanning tools such as Qualys, Rapid 7, Tenable, or similar tools.
- Strong technical understanding of CVSS, OWASP Top 10 and Vulnerability Exploitability ratings.
- Deep understanding network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- Understanding network security implementations (e.g., host-based IDS, IPS, access control lists), including their function and placement in a network.
- Experience with public cloud networking and security in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Experience with data analytics with the ability to provide qualitative analysis and recommendations.
- Ability to operate in fast-paced, diverse, sometimes vague environments; ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects and tasks while demonstrating urgency and ownership to drive quality outcomes.
- Provides others with reliable information, creates, and delivers accurate reports and presentations. Uses good listening skills. Negotiates effectively.
- Attention to details, excellent analytical thinking, and time management skills.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Cyber Security or equivalent experience is required. Training courses, seminars, certifications, or other security related education experience preferred.
Typical Range of Experience
- 5+years hands on experience managing vulnerability assessment solutions using tools like Qualys, Rapid 7, Tenable or similar
- 5+ years of technical experience as a senior contributor
License or Certification
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Certified Professional), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CISM (Certified Information Security Management) preferred
Pay Range: $79,950 – $166,050 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 7 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 50 out of Fortune 100 2022 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More