Senior Software Engineer
Santa Ana, California
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealth management, and trust solutions on a national, full-service basis for more than five decades. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We Do
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for 100% hands on coding as well as supporting and contributing to the architecture, design of cloud-native applications & mentoring junior software engineers. We're interested in talking to you if you're passionate about new opportunities and you have a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. You love coding and find yourself keeping up with the latest technology trends. You tinker, explore and regularly read to stay in touch with the development community and are passionate about discovering ways to improve quality, reusability, extensibility, and consistency. You are multi-faceted with a great mix of technical and interpersonal skills, which enables you to succeed in highly collaborative and agile work environments.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and deploying of software in an Azure cloud environment.
- Modify and enhance existing applications as well as assist the team on product delivery by writing code and reviewing pull requests.
- Independently define, prioritize goals and tasks in a fast-paced agile product environment with small, focused teams.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders to ensure project success.
- On call by rotation and after-hours support driven by business needs.
- Propose solutions to tough problems, build consensus among team & mentor junior developers.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in cloud-native applications (Azure strongly preferred, AWS is also ok) using Python (must have).
- Strong RDBMS experience (PostgreSQL, MS SQL etc.) designing tables & writing queries. NoSQL experience is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, CI/CD, and DevOps.
- Fluency with multi-platform software utilizing various programming environments and tools.
- Deep understanding on API strategies, Integration Patterns, and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English language.
- Eager to learn new languages and technologies.
TARGET TECHNOLOGY STACK:
Docker, Linux on Windows, AzureDevOps for pipelines, GIT, VSCode, NPM Package Management.
Pay Range: $88,000.00 - $135,300.00
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location