Santa Ana, California
Job ID R035842 Date posted Jun. 23, 2022 Category Information Technology Employment Type Full Time
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American’s family of companies, Data & Analytics is a national provider of property-centric information, analytics, risk management and valuation solutions. First American maintains and curates the industry’s largest property and ownership dataset with over 7 billion document images. Our major platforms and products include: DataTree®, FraudGuard®, RegsData™, TaxSource™ and ACI®. The First American Data & Analytics division boasts more than 20 patents and remains at the forefront of innovation - leveraging technology and data to deliver best-in-class decisioning solutions. Fueled by our industry-leading data and using our technology and proprietary process, our solutions provide lenders, real estate and title companies with actionable insights - enabling them to make better, increasingly automated, decisions. With offices in all major metropolitan areas, including California and New York, DNA teams work collaboratively from across the country. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
- Works with onshore and offshore teams to design, code, test, debug, and maintain software codes for business applications.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing existing application as well as developing new web application.
- Consults with business community and colleagues to ensure successful implementation of stated goals.
- Fosters and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues including Project Managers, Business Systems Analysts and Quality Assurance staff to meet expected customer service levels.
- Reviews source code to ensure best practices and ensures strict adherence to corporate security policies.
- Troubleshoots a wide variety of complex issues using creative problem solving skills.
- Experience and solid understanding of various software engineering practices.
- Experience translating software requirements and experience with software design solutions.
- Build test automation suites to ensure the quality of guest impacting products
- Designs, codes, unit test, debug, and document those programs.
- Customizes software based on research and customer needs.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- May consult with users and develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Expert in Microsoft .NET C# language
- Experience working with JSON and XML
- Understanding of CI/CD pipeline benefits to enhance application development process
- Experience with T-SQL for business application integration
- Experience with React/Redux is a plus
- Experience working with N-tier architecture is a plus
- Experience working with RESTful web services is a plus
- Familiar with Microsoft Cloud development concepts (Azure App Service, Function Apps, Web Jobs, Azure Queue, COSMOS DB) is a plus
- Self-starter, actively identifies issues, seeks out solutions and makes recommendations to solve complex business problem.
- Experience working with Agile software development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 2-5 years of directly related experience
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.