Sr. BI Analyst
Santa Ana, California
Who We AreCome join First American's Digital Title Group, newly formed to re-imagine and digitize the title search and examination process through Big Data, AI, document automation and modern, cloud-native application development. As a market leading title insurance company, powered by the nation's largest and most complete property information, ownership and recorded document database, First American is committed to advancing title automation and removing friction from the real estate closing process. Our modern title decisioning solutions create certainty and speed through data and analytics, delivered to real estate agents, lenders, title agents and homebuyers. Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We Do
We're seeking a Senior BI Analyst interested in transforming our industry by solving cutting-edge problems with modern technologies. If you want to benefit from working for an established leader in real estate insurance and seek a culture recognized as one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, this opportunity may be for you.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding and demonstrated ability to transform, enrich, and synthesize large data sets from disparate sources into BI platform to deliver meaningful insights to the business.
Moreover, the candidate should have strong proficiency in creating actionable insights and visualizations to highlight business critical metrics.
- Provide expertise in data visualization and transform complex business processes into easily understandable and interactive dashboards that drive business decisions.
- Participate in the requirement gathering process with the business, technical groups, and Project Management to translate business needs into data visualization solutions.
- Create technical specifications from functional requirements by analyzing business processes and consulting with the business process owners.
- Integrate data from multiple data sources and design/develop/maintain scalable data models to optimize dashboard performance and provide meaningful key metrics.
- Work proficiently with imperfect data and validate it to ensure its consistency, accuracy, and reliability.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for the work including requirements, exceptions, assumptions, changes etc.
- Ensure designs adhere to our development standards and best practices for data visualization.
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years of total experience, preferably working with public record data.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL.
- Extensive experience working in at least one mainstream industry BI platform (preferably Tableau).
- Strong proficiency to use data visualization tools and methods in performing data analysis and conducting data quality reviews.
- Proven working experience in data discovery, data cleansing, validation, and analysis.
- Experience in analyzing data quality and significance, interpreting patterns, and identifying trends within complex data sets.
- Possess a creative, systematic, and logical approach to problem-solving.
- Preferable experience working in cloud-based DB platforms (we use Snowflake).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience interfacing with clients, data modeling and data science teams.
- (Preferred not required) B.S Degree in a relevant discipline (C.S., CIS, Statistics, etc.).
Pay Range: $125,000 - $170,000 annually.
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.