Sr. QA Engineer - REMOTE
Santa Ana, California
Company SummaryCome join First American's Digital Title Group, newly formed to re-imagine and digitize the title search and examination process through Big Data, AI, document automation and modern, cloud-native application development. As a market leading title insurance company, powered by the nation's largest and most complete property information, ownership and recorded document database, First American is committed to advancing title automation and removing friction from the real estate closing process. Our modern title decisioning solutions create certainty and speed through data and analytics, delivered to real estate agents, lenders, title agents and homebuyers. Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Are you passionate about automation and consider yourself an advocate for quality?
Do you enjoy breaking things and finding out how they work?
What you'll do:
- Develop test plans and test strategies based on requirements, user stories and release schedules
- Perform system integration and functional tests
- Engage in cross-team test initiatives
- Design, implement, and maintain test automation suites with minimal supervision
- Collaborate with Engineers and Product Managers to understand business requirements, technical designs and conduct test case reviews
- Document Test Cases, Test Plans, and Results in a shared repository
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and improve processes to testing procedures
- Report, track and verify defects and assess severity of issues of externally reported issues
- Share knowledge and help build skills of other team members
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years of Software QA experience
- Experience with running and developing automated test scripts using 3rd party testing tools
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in all phases of the software and testing lifecycle, inception through deployment
- Capacity to learn new skills quickly and adopt effective testing methodologies
- Experience working in cloud environments
- Familiar with API testing using swagger/postman
- Self-starter and comfortable determining the direction in a highly dynamic environment with significant ambiguity at the project formation stage
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation of Software Quality Assurance metrics
Pay Range: $80,000 - $166,100 annually
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.
#LI-REMOTEFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 8 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 59 out of Fortune 100 2023 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More