Senior Software Engineer
Santa Ana, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealth management, and trust solutions on a national, full-service basis for more than five decades. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
***Remote Candidates Welcome***
At First American Trust we are expanding our software development team to work on new technologies supporting banking applications. We are looking for a senior software engineer who has proven track record of success and is eager to collaborate with our team. The senior software engineer will work on Full-Stack development in cloud computing environment with our innovative team.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and automated testing.
- Design, implement and test product features in collaboration with product owners and stakeholders.
- Contribute extensively to the implementation of programming tasks and deliver on time.
- Collaborating and working together with others in a Scrum team.
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance.
- Mentor and advise less experienced team members.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of complex problems and identify solutions within broad applications and functional expertise.
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required.
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every week through Sprints.
- Keep up with industry to continually improve technology stack.
- Participate in an on-call rotation when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with designing / developing cloud technologies.
- 5+ years of software professional development experience with advanced hands-on Ruby/Rails or Python skills.
- Advanced Experience developing containerized (Docker, Kubernetes etc.) applications.
- Extensive knowledge of RESTful API design.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with PostgreSQL database
- Solid understanding of best practices for techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security.
- Self-motivated with strong technical background. Ability to learn and work in a wide range of application domains.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Team player with ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Pay Range: $87,900 - $136,300 USD Annual
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.