Trainer and Content Creator
Santa Ana, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealth management, and trust solutions on a national, full-service basis for more than five decades. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Oversees, plans, develops, and delivers training programs for First American Trust. Incumbent partners with business leaders to identify training needs, standardizes training initiatives, tracks, and reports on training success. Conducts multiple training delivery methods in an individual or group setting. Promotes efficiency and competitive advantage by developing the skills of staff and end users. We are seeking an experienced professional with a banking background and training specialization; be able to adapt and resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. Has functional knowledge and is able to use that knowledge to bring insight to the role, identify issues and inefficiencies and recommend process improvements.
- Partners with management to identify and develop training content to facilitate business and process changes, including the implementation of new applications and services, internal company program initiatives, and more
- Conducts and facilitates general and specific training programs for organization, including internal team of employees and external clients
- Develops mapping to plan out training, including audience analysis and timeline
- Creates training materials including course outlines, background material, instructional materials, and training aids
- Keeps records, gathers, and analyzes information from evaluations. Measures results against business objectives and suggests improvements
- Participates in the development and evaluation of training metrics and measurement components
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Familiar with instructional design theory and/or learning principles
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools, and techniques
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences
- Presentation skills within a group and/or one on one, ability to motivate the audience with a positive, helpful attitude
- Data gathering and analysis
- Facilitation skills
- Critical thinking to develop or assess training materials
- Knowledge of assigned group(s)’ business practices and procedures
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; self-starter
- Comfortable working with a team and collaborating on training project plans
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects and respond quickly to emergent problems
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, work under pressure, and problem solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Typical Range of Experience:
- Has 2-5 years of related experience in training and content development
- Training in banking operations highly preferred
- Commercial Banking experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Pay Range: $56,600.00- $77,600 Annual
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.