VP, Division Finance
Santa Ana, California; Arizona; California; Colorado; Idaho; Michigan; Nevada; Tennessee; Texas; Remote
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
The Vice President, Divisional Finance has a matrixed reporting relationship to the Corporate Vice President of Finance and the Division President. This position oversees all financial matters of the Direct Division and is a member of the division leadership team.
Responsible for the financial activities of the organization to maximize a company’s profits and plan for its growth. The role includes analyzing data and advising division leaders on ways to use that information to make strategic decisions about the organization’s future.
- Advising management on key financial and operational trends and providing recommendations on how to improve performance
- Forecasting financial results
- Analyzing and modeling business unit, customer, and product financial performance
- Competitor research and analysis
- Setting divisional allocation policy and methodology
- Establish and maintain appropriate analytical tools and reporting, to ensure effective and efficient management of resources
- Manage the division’s finance team with a focus on staff development, resulting in a disciplined and high-performance organization
- Lead and manage the budgeting process
- Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business
- Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues providing strategy and direction for major functional areas
- Responsible for a Functional Unit that crosses business unit lines, or leadership responsibility for an emerging group
- Detailed knowledge of company and promotes innovative concepts and ideas
- Recognized as an influential leader
- Manages through more than one layer of management, and high-level exempt direct reports
- Interacts with executive (internal and external) management on strategic issues requiring coordination across functional unit or group lines
Knowledge and Skills/Technology
- Technical and comprehensive knowledge of all finance, financial planning, and accounting areas of a business.
- Knowledge of SEC and IRS reporting requirements.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to effectively direct the company's overall financial operations to maximize revenues and profits.
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, and presentation skills.
- Business acumen and knowledge of company and customers.
- Proven ability to perform in high visibility, intensive environments
- Demonstrated competency in creating and executing on strategic plans.
- Proven record of leading large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders and driving organizational change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years demonstrated experience managing complex cross functional units or groups
- Experience in financial services is essential – real estate and mortgage knowledge is an asset
- Extensive management and leadership experience in senior financial roles
- Experience working in a matrixed management environment
Salary Range: $127,600 - $312,400 (annually)
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 7 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 50 out of Fortune 100 2022 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More