Santa Rosa, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American’s family of companies, First American Home Warranty offers a wide range of home warranty products and services to home sellers, buyers and agents. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
- Manages and sets priorities of the daily operations of a large functional area or department.
- Manages a group of professionals (typically skilled exempt and non-exempt level employees) who have responsibility for operations and project outcomes. Provides direct and indirect supervision of teams.
- Contributes to project reviews and approves detailed designs and cost estimates for projects.
- Writes and conducts employee performance reviews and provides ongoing performance feedback through coaching. Makes hiring and compensation recommendations. May get input from Senior Management/Executive Management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; advanced degree preferred
- 5-7 years of directly related experience
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Demonstrated success establishing, leading, and maintaining effective working relationships at the Department Management level.
- Successful track record designing, developing, and executing complex projects in area of functional expertise.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the Management level across functional groups and business units. Adeptness to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to the relationships.
- Strong capacity to communicate the function’s vision and the department’s direction and set aligned goals. Provides resources and creates systems to measure results. Familiar with competitor, financial and industry dynamics.
- Actively recruits, retains, and develops talent and holds employees accountable for results. Leads change, manages conflict, and fosters collaboration.
- Drives and models customer loyalty, manages customer expectations, solicits customer feedback, and ensures commitments are met.
- Provides others with reliable information and delivers informative and persuasive presentations. Uses good listening skills and negotiates effectively.
- Collaboratively engages with leaders to create, identify, and implement solutions to further effectiveness of the business.
- High level of business acumen, strategic agility, ability to develop others, and influence change.