Sales Support Supervisor
Santa Rosa, California
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American’s family of companies, First American Home Warranty offers a wide range of home warranty products and services to home sellers, buyers and agents. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
- Primary purpose of role is supervision. Supervise the day to day operational activities of the Sales Support staff who have responsibility for daily operational tasks in a customarily recognized department or functional area of the organization. Assist with all personnel management, ensure appropriate wage and work hour laws are followed, and provide input to goal setting for the functional area.
- Provide guidance to Sales Support staff on claim direction, cost requests and investigation of claims for the sales force in the field.
- Maintain employee performance records including attendance, complaints and disciplinary action. Analyze data in spreadsheets to determine staff performance and deficiencies.
- Manage and approve timekeeping.
- Provide ongoing coaching, development, and performance feedback with management consultation. Advocate for employees and communicate compensation changes.
- Make hiring recommendations.
- Provide regular status updates and reports to Manager.
- Address concerns brought to them by the manager, sales field and various management groups. Make decisions on complex issues while considering the impact to sales.
- Conduct reports in company operating systems, such as Business Objects, to guide improvement efforts or make changes to current processes.
- Approve cashouts, reimbursements, and contractor reports which exceed the limit of the Sales Support staff.
- Approve service fee refund requests.
- Resolve escalated claims and calls brought to them by the Sales Support staff or received directly by the sales field from sales representatives, sales manager, and customers.
- Ensure employee compliance of insurance regulations in claim handling decisions.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of directly related experience in home warranty, escrow or real estate sales
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in a lead or supervisory role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough understanding of Sales and Real Estate business relationships
- Extensive knowledge of department functions outside of Sales Support such as New Orders, Payment Analysis, Marketing, etc.
- In-depth understanding of home warranty policies and real estate sales
- Ability to assertively resolve complex issues
- Able to implement and enforce processes to ensure compliance and quality
- Technical knowledge of appliances, air conditioning and heating equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills
- Ability to adapt to employee’s needs and frame of reference in order to communicate strengths, weaknesses, and to help them reach their potential
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to multi task, prioritize and follow up
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to adjust quickly to a changing environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on MS Excel
- Ability to balance the demands from the sales field and the needs of the department
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong leadership skills and coaching abilities
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.