Hybrid Senior Accounting Manager
Scottsdale, Arizona; Gilbert, Arizona; Mesa, Arizona; Phoenix, Arizona; Tempe, Arizona; Tucson, Arizona
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Do you have experience leading a fast-paced accounting team? We are looking for an experienced manager who wants to be part of an innovative accounting team. You will be managing a group of AP professionals by leading the work of the team; interviewing, selecting, and training the team; actively managing team performance; and implementing legal compliance initiatives.
We believe in a high-performing, collaborative culture, and we want someone who thrives in a dynamic company and enjoys the challenges of understanding business needs and acting on them. Are you an experienced hands-on strategic individual who works well in a highly collaborative team environment? If so, your job duties will include:
- Manages a group of geographically dispersed professionals onshore and offshore (skilled exempt and non-exempt level employees) who have responsibility for operations and project outcomes.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision of teams.
- Contributes to project reviews and approves detailed designs and cost estimates for projects.
Participates in long-range departmental planning and provides input to operational decisions and process improvements.
- Provides input to and may develop operational plans and works with Senior Management to ensure that plans are integrated with broader strategies.
- Writes and conducts employee performance reviews and provides ongoing performance feedback.
- Makes hiring and compensation recommendations. May get input from Sr. Management/Executive Management.
- Interacts with Management and peers in other departments for purposes of gaining cooperation, exchanging technical information, and presenting project plans and reports.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors accounting controls.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years demonstrated experience in a supervisory /management role.
- Licenses/Certifications a plus.
- Successful track record designing, developing, and executing complex projects in area of functional expertise.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the Management level across global functional groups and business units.
- Ability to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to the relationships.
- Ability to communicate the function’s vision and the department’s direction and set aligned goals.
- Provides resources and creates systems to measure results. Familiar with competitor, financial and industry dynamics.
- Actively recruits, retains, and develops talent and holds employees accountable for results.
- Leads change, manages conflict, and fosters collaboration.
- Drives and models customer loyalty, manages customer expectations, solicits customer feedback, and ensures commitments are met.
- Provides others with reliable information and delivers informative and persuasive presentations. Uses good listening skills and negotiates effectively.
- Demonstrated success establishing, leading, and maintaining effective working relationships at the Middle Management level.
#LI-HybridFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.