Remote Accounting Analyst
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
We need someone who understands the `big picture impact' of the accounting process. You will review and approve highly complex account reconciliations and ensure they accurately reflect the account's balance. Conducting insightful assessments of the internal and external business landscape with an awareness of financial impact will be an important part of your job. You will actively pursue process improvements and identify what success looks like to the customer. Your on-going partnerships with customers will lead to continuously improving service levels.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic, established company and enjoys the challenges of understanding business needs and acting on them. We want a hands-on strategic individual who works independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
Your job duties will include:
- Works closely with the processing team to assist with questions and training.
- Maintaining Sarbanes- Oxley internal control narratives and testing documentation.
- Making recommendations to improve production efficiencies by assisting with implementation of standards and streamlining processes.
- Works closely with internal customers on exception resolution.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically requires 2-4 years of related experience.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Critical Thinking-Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Problem Solving-identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Strong computer skills including all applications in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written skills.
#LI-RemoteFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.