Remote General Ledger Accounting Manager
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
- Manages a group of geographically dispersed professional’s onshore and offshore who have responsibility for operations and project outcomes.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision of teams.
- Contributes to project reviews and approves detailed designs and cost estimates for projects.
- Participates in long-range departmental planning and provides input to operational decisions and process improvements.
- Provides input to and may develop operational plans and works with Senior Management to ensure that plans are integrated with broader strategies.
- Writes and conducts employee performance reviews and provides ongoing performance feedback.
- Makes hiring and compensation recommendations. May get input from Sr. Management/Executive Management.
- Interacts with Management and peers in other departments for purposes of gaining cooperation, exchanging technical information, and presenting project plans and reports.
- Develops, maintains and monitors accounting controls.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Successful track record designing, developing, and executing complex projects in area of functional expertise.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the Middle Management level across global functional groups and business units. Ability to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to the relationships.
- Ability to communicate the function’s vision and the department’s direction and set aligned goals. Provides resources and creates systems to measure results. Familiar with competitor, financial and industry dynamics.
- Actively recruits, retains and develops talent and holds employees accountable for results.
- Leads change, manages conflict and fosters collaboration.
- Drives and models customer loyalty, manages customer expectations, solicits customer feedback and ensures commitments are met.
- Provides others with reliable information and delivers informative and persuasive presentations. Uses good listening skills and negotiates effectively.
- Ability to understand and apply GAAP and SOX.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
Typical Range of Experience
- 5-7 years demonstrated experience in a supervisory /management role.
- Demonstrated success establishing, leading and maintaining effective working relationships at the Middle Management level.
Salary Range: $71,500 - $110,000 annually
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.
#LI-NS2First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.