Remote Senior Reporting Accounting Analyst
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Complete Reporting and Analytics for the Agency team by maintaining existing reports, updating reports due to new logic, retiring reports that are no longer effective, and creating new reporting based on the needs of Management. Work across different departments to complete projects. Support month end. Develop automation techniques for reporting and work with IFSC on offshore reporting.
- Complete, analyze, and distribute reports for multiple internal customers
- Develop new reports to support business needs
- Support all internal and external audits
- Prepare journal entries in preparation for month-end close
- Perform trend analysis of issues and market conditions resulting in changes to product, policy and/or processes.
- Serve as liaison to offshore customer service operations providing training to entry level customer service clerks, 2nd tier customer service resource; determine/provide significant input to policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations to and strongly influence management and other staff on process improvements, product enhancements, and/or software. Keeps management informed of market conditions.
- May test alpha software/ and make recommendations to manager/programmers on viability from a customer perspective.
- May provide technical support. Analysis of customer systems, troubleshoots problems, recommends solutions, coordinates fixes and resolves issues.
- May participate in sales function: Recommend and close sales enhancements/add-ons, Customer sign-ups/set-ups, Qualify customers, provide pricing plan, coordinate contracts, Work with sales person to close the deal, Participate in trade shows
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer) and demonstrate the ability to learn custom applications (Siebel, SWAN, PTS, and A/R). Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excels in creation of Macros
- Attention to detail a must
- Proficiency in SharePoint Online, Oracle and Power BI Publisher is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- 7+ years of directly relevant work experience
Salary Range: $45,990 - $63,000 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location
#LI-NS2First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 8 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 59 out of Fortune 100 2023 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More