Senior Financial Analyst
Scottsdale, Arizona; California; Remote
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American’s family of companies, Data & Analytics is a national provider of property-centric information, analytics, risk management and valuation solutions. First American maintains and curates the industry’s largest property and ownership dataset with over 7 billion document images. Our major platforms and products include: DataTree®, FraudGuard®, RegsData™, TaxSource™ and ACI®. The First American Data & Analytics division boasts more than 20 patents and remains at the forefront of innovation - leveraging technology and data to deliver best-in-class decisioning solutions. Fueled by our industry-leading data and using our technology and proprietary process, our solutions provide lenders, real estate and title companies with actionable insights - enabling them to make better, increasingly automated, decisions. With offices in all major metropolitan areas, including California and New York, DNA teams work collaboratively from across the country. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoDrive business performance by providing financial and strategic insight through sound financial analysis, identifying and tracking key metrics, and being a valued business partner.
Hybrid- 2 days a week in office
What You'll Do:
- Develops, maintains and delivers monthly and quarterly analyses, reports, and presentations ensuring the accuracy of the information, identifying key points, and develops recommendations
- Performs a wide range of ad hoc analysis of financial and operational data for trends and variances and presents findings to business unit management
- Uses historical trend information, changes in market and business environments, and strategic planning to create projections used for the budgeting or forecasting processes
- Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to business unit management.
- Manage large data sets from disparate sources for data mining, analysis, and research project
- Develop complex financial models for what-if analysis, scenario planning, and M&A activities
- Works collaboratively with team members and other department
What You'll Bring:
- Finance and Accounting – Expert in finance, economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, financial statements, valuation and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Mathematics & Analytics -- Ability to understand, manipulate and solve problems using mathematics on large data sets.
- Computer Skills – Expert on Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Essbase
- Complex Problem Solving -- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Solid understanding of standard concepts, practices and procedures of the business
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MBA preferred
Typical Range of Experience
- 4-7 years of experience in the field or related area
Pay Range: $73,678.00- $143,022.00
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.