Remote Relationship Manager- Commercial Banking
Swansea, Illinois; Illinois; Wisconsin; Remote
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealth management, and trust solutions on a national, full-service basis for more than five decades. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Responsible for the acquisition of new commercial banking clients and the expansion/retention of existing relationships specifically in the title and escrow industry. Responsible for developing and executing relationship management plans for high value clients; this includes effectively collaborating with client support and product teams as well as senior management. Must be knowledgeable of financial needs of our clients and the Bank’s products.
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of Bank products and services. Analyzes the needs of
clients and prospects to effectively recommend appropriate products or services.
- Is highly focused on the target client profile; understands their financial needs and effectively communicates our value proposition.
- Takes ownership for client relationship with the Bank.
Prioritizes relationships effectively and has an appropriate relationship management plan for each customer.
- Takes a consultative approach to understanding our client’s objectives, effectively identifies their financial needs, implements appropriate solutions, and undertakes ongoing review and assessment to ensure plan execution.
- Effectively collaborates with client service team, product team and senior management to ensure an excellent client experience.
Complexity & Impact:
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a
review of a variety of factors
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Follows department processes and procedures and makes recommendations to these
- Errors may cause significant delay of process development or problem resolution
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and between departments
Supervision Given/Level of Instruction given
- No responsibility for the supervision of others
- Works independently setting own priorities and objectives. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used:
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to take ownership of high-profile relationships with minimal supervision while effectively communicating with senior management
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen effectively to the issues of customers
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in nonstandardized situations.
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to organize and deliver presentations to groups
- Ability to travel upwards 50% initially
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond quickly to emergent problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting; or equivalent combination of
education and experience
Licenses or Certificates
Typical Range of Experience
- 5-7 years of experience managing high value commercial banking relationships
Pay Range: $71,500-$110,000
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate’s education, training, experience, and geographic location.First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 8 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 59 out of Fortune 100 2023 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More