Associate Underwriting Counsel
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American's family of companies, National Commercial Services provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoEnable you to apply your passion for law and risk analysis to real estate transactions. If you excel in collaborating with others to assess possibilities and discover solutions, it may be time to combine your analytical rigor with a premier brand in the commercial real estate space. First American is looking to add an Associate Underwriting Counsel to our growing team in Tampa, FL. This position plays a key role in transforming the commercial real estate experience by empowering our employees and customers to deliver next-generation solutions and results.
What You’ll Do:
- Provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies.
- Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance.
- Provides guidance to company personnel in the performance of real estate settlement services.
- Issues underwriting standards and guidelines in accordance with established company processes.
What You’ll Bring:
- Law Degree required.
- Admitted to practice in state of employment.
- 1-4 years title underwriting experience, commercial experience preferred
- Must be familiar with real estate law, including federal and state regulations
- Strong understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process
- Strong analytical rigor and business acumen
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to provide alternative solutions or convey unpopular information with tact.
- Ability to collaborate and act decisively; build relationships internally and externally
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and timely follow up
- Abstract thinking and creative solutions
Pay Range: $63,500 – $88,300 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
What We OfferBy choice, we don’t simply accept individuality – we embrace it, we support it, and we thrive on it! Our People First Culture celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it’s the key to our success. We are proud to foster an authentic and inclusive workplace For All. You are free and encouraged to bring your entire, unique self to work. First American is an equal opportunity employer in every sense of the term.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.