Hybrid Collections Specialist
Trenton, New Jersey
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
- Responsible for collection of medium to complex/difficult accounts and situations.
- Responsible for the research and resolution of escalated delinquent customers
- Prepares justification packages to Management regarding the write-off or turn over to a collections agency for severely delinquent customers.
- Prepare weekly and monthly updates and status reports of outstanding delinquencies
- Prepare and mail delinquent invoices to customers monthly, as needed
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures.
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable preferred.
- Knowledge of State and Federal Fair Debt Collections Laws, US Bankruptcy Code, and Bankruptcy procedures and regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to manage conflict and negotiate successful outcomes
- Must be able to analyze and interpret medium to high complexity documents to make sound decisions and recommendations.
- Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing Work-Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize organize and accomplish work.
- Proficient in time management.
- Able to thrive on working in a fast paced environment, prefer managing multiple priorities within a high-energy, collaborative, fast moving environment.
- Strong computer skills including all applications in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented.
- Experience with mainframe system Oracle preferred
- High School diploma
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically requires 3-5 years of high volume Commercial Collections experience.
- Business to Business Collections experience.
Salary Range: $16.80 - $23.80 hourly
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location
#LI-NS2First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The REconomy Podcast
First American’s economic podcast examining the forces that influence real estate, housing and affordability, featuring First American Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D. and Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi.Learn More
Fortune 100 List for 8 Straight Years
Proud to be ranked number 59 out of Fortune 100 2023 list.Learn More
Great Place To Work
We Are Proud to be a Great Place to Work Certified Company for 7 years straight.Learn More