Winter Garden, Florida
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Greet and direct visitors in office. Operate multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel. Typically an entry level position. Tasks are typically repetitive as employee gains skills and experience.
- Greets and directs visitors in office.
- Operates multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required, may update appointment calendars
- May order, receive and maintain office supplies and equipment
- May receive, sort and route mail
- May assist other employees or departments by gathering, checking, and preparing documents; maintain accounts; set-up appointments; assemble packages
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- Entry-level position
- Experience dealing with the general public or office environment preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.