Title Examiner Undergraduate Intern
Job Family: Administration & Office Support
Requisition Number: R006182
Work Location: Sunrise, FL
Employment Category: Full Time – Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Join our Agency team! First American Title’s Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions, First American has been entrusted to protect homeownership since 1889. Don’t miss this opportunity to join the Agency team and build your career at First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF). We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
The intern will work in a program designed to help college students gain experience and develop the technology, professional and interpersonal skills to use throughout their career. First American Interns work in a corporate environment within the Financial/Title Industry—balanced with intern-specific activities, executive level presentations and networking opportunities—while under the close supervision and guidance of a manager and/or mentor.
Sessions start on May 20, 2019 and June 17, 2019 for 10-12 weeks of full time work
This position will work with our Title Examination team searching and examining title. Seeking someone with a strong interest in Real Estate transactions.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications. Finance internship will require strength in MS Excel.
- An interest and willingness to learn about the Mortgage, Real Estate, Financial, Title Insurance or related industries.
- The ability to solve problems, be detailed oriented and be conscientious about all work completed.
- An ingrained concern for the customer and representing our Company in the best professional manner as possible.
- The potential to excel in the following competencies: Communication, Customer Focus, Ethics & Integrity, Teamwork & Adaptability, Productivity & Initiative.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Currently enrolled in a 4 year University
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.