Undergraduate Intern – Cloud Automation Developer
Job Family: Administration & Office Support
Requisition Number: R006450
Work Location: Santa Ana, CA
Employment Category: Full Time – Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889.We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
First American’s internship program offers hands-on experience in the title insurance industry. Students will gain exposure and knowledge to various parts of the Company through engaging with top leadership in our executive speaker talks, workshops, career panels, and much more. You will receive coaching and mentorship and have the chance to build personal and professional networks with diverse groups. You will also receive the opportunity to bridge the gap between academic understanding and practical professional experience to develop skills that will help set you up for success.
Working as part of the Enterprise Security Automation team to ensure the security of corporate applications and data. This role will focus on the creation and maintenance of cloud security automation for Information Security and in support of DevSecOps CI/CD pipelines. This role will report to and work closely with the Enterprise Security Automation Director and will have interactions with cross-functional teams throughout the First American enterprise.
- Develop and review requirements for cloud security automation.
- Review and provide insight into existing processes.
- Work closely with DevSecOps teams to create and maintain security automation.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Proficiency in software development (C#, Java, Python, etc.)
- An interest and willingness to learn about application security automation and coding
- The ability to solve problems, be detailed oriented and be conscientious about all work completed
- An ingrained concern for the customer and representing our Company in the best professional manner as possible
- The potential to excel in the following competencies: Communication, Customer Focus, Ethics & Integrity, Teamwork & Adaptability, Productivity & Initiative
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Rising undergraduate entering their Junior or Senior year enrolled in an accredited college with a focus in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.