Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We Do
Enable and empower a driven and motivating sales manager to grow sales directly and through their team. Join our Bakersfield, CA sales team, where we recognize our true worth is our people. We are looking for a Sales Manager with demonstrated success driving revenue growth directly and through others, a strong analytical background, and a customer-centric attitude to join our growing team.
In this role you will be directly responsible for managing a team of Sales Representatives, training, coaching, sales forecasting, tracking sales team performance metrics and reporting data on a regular basis.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of Sales Representatives within a defined sales territory managing performance, coaching, mentoring, hiring and career development
- Develop and execute the sales strategy for assigned territory by leveraging best practice frameworks, methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Monitor performance metrics to adapt strategies for team, customer, and territories.
- Foster a culture of achievement by encouraging Sales Representatives to hit or exceed their quotas and holds them accountable for results and deliverables
- Lead change, manages conflict, and fosters collaboration aligned with company culture and values
- Grow sales team by actively recruiting, retaining, and developing team
- Collaborate with internal marketing teams to develop local, regional and/or divisional marketing content to drive brand awareness to support sales strategy
- Have and keep a keen eye on the industry and markets to anticipate and adapt as needed
- Develop and modifies policies, processes that impact team
What You’ll Bring:
- 5-7 years of sales related experience in title/escrow
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in a supervisory or management role
- Comfortable with virtual presentations, embraces technology and embraces change
- Demonstrated success in delivering results through others
- Demonstrated success establishing, leading, and maintaining effective working relationships
- Proven track record in creating sales forecasts, identifying new areas of growth, and accurately analyzing sales performance data
- High level of business acumen, strategic agility, ability to develop others, and influence change
- Drive and models client loyalty, expectations, feedback, and ensures commitments are met
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess valid driver’s license
Pay Range: $68,894 - $97,075 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.