Los Angeles, California
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoAs an Accountant with our team you'll maintain the integrity of accounting information and systems, in accordance with standards and rules under GAAP, as well as other regulating bodies. Reconciles, analyzes and synthesizes financial data from business operations. Plays an active role in preparation of public financial statements, including balance sheet, income statements, SEC filings, DOI reports and other regulatory reports. May evaluate or support the evaluation of company and regional profitability, efficiency and product performance. May evaluate the effects of changes in accounting regulations on Company's financial statements and accounting controls. Executes accounting policy and procedures and participates in internal and external audits.
What You'll Do
- Performs high level to complex accounting activities
- Supports accounting in preparation of financial statements
- Prepares journal entries for executive management reporting that will be an integral part of the decision making process of the organization
- Act as a primary point of contact for various audit activities - department of insurance, SOX regulations and internal audits
- Performs various month end and quarter end close activities
- Assists with special projects including process improvement initiatives
- Previous experience in accounting automation a
What You'll Bring
- Big 4 Public Account experience a plus
- 15-20 years of experience in the field of Accounting primarily in the Auditing, Tax, Compliance functions
- Expert knowledge in fundamentals of GAAP
- Advanced level skills in Excel
- Knowledge/experience in Great Plains is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA a plus
Salary Range: $69,000 - $124,000 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location
What We OfferBy choice, we don’t simply accept individuality – we embrace it, we support it, and we thrive on it! Our People First Culture celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it’s the key to our success. We are proud to foster an authentic and inclusive workplace For All. You are free and encouraged to bring your entire, unique self to work. First American is an equal opportunity employer in every sense of the term.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.