Director, Data Security (Hybrid)
Santa Ana, California
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We Do
Manages a department or multiple groups comprised of technical team members and managers from varied disciplines. Provide long-term solutions to Information Technology needs, including protecting information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording or destruction.
This role is hybrid 2 days per week onsite in Santa Ana, CA.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build and drive overall strategy, methodology, and roadmap for the processes, systems, tools, and technologies required to secure our data assets.
- As a leader, you will manage, support, and oversee the implementation and development of the data loss prevention mechanisms in our environment.Drive towards action to create an outcomes-oriented culture. Fewer order takers and more leadership insights provided.
- Lead teams for fast-growing cloud services to provide next-generation data security for Network and enterprise SaaS applications such as Box, Dropbox, GitHub, Google Apps, Slack, Salesforce and many more.
- Provide engineering and operational leadership to our global team.
- The primary day-to-day responsibilities include leading the DLP analysts and engineering teams to design solutions that improve overall security posture.
- Track and report key performance indicators and metrics Identify gaps in controls, processes, systems and recommend solutions.
- Lead team to apply technical skills to recommend, implement, support, improve, and operate information protection technologies.
- Manages the Information Security team comprised of technical team members and managers from varied disciplines. Has significant responsibility for developing the capabilities of senior level staff and managers.
- Authorizes projects, approves project designs and cost estimates. Reports projects’ status and critical issues to IT senior management.
- Sets objectives and priorities and ensures the effective allocation and use of department resources.
- Develops and administers department budget with input from work group managers.
- Develops long-range plan for the department and is a key participant in strategic planning for the IT Operations function. Translates strategic goals and priorities into technical strategies and objectives for his/her department.
- Introduces best practices and ensures the timeliness and quality of his/her department’s delivery of products and services.
- Coordinates activities and efforts among different internal organizational groups, customers and vendors.
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions for positions that report to him/her.
- Writes and conducts performance reviews, provides ongoing performance feedback. Establishes salary budget and approves salary increases. Makes hiring decisions.
- Frequently interfaces with executives inside and outside the company to make operational and project-related decisions, to resolve critical issues, to gather industry and competitive information and to foster a productive professional network.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
- Results and progress toward goals is periodically reviewed by functional executive.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience implementing security controls in SaaS platforms like Workday, O365, Box.com, SalesForce, etc.
- Hands on experience with Cloud Access Security Brokers, MCAS, AIP and similar tools.
- Experience leveraging protection technology subject matter expertise to design, build, and implement tools to safeguard from cyber risks for data in use, in motion, and at rest.
- 10+ years of hands-on technical experience combined with at least eight years of strong management experience in a similar technical and business environment.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience is required. Training courses, seminars, certifications or other security related education experience preferred.
- Certifications: CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Certified Professional), SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CISM (Certified Information Security Management), CCNA, CCNP, MSCE preferred.
- Extensive experience with architecture design of large-scale data platforms, machine learning, analytics, and data-drive applications
- Experience in DLP information protection technology from both a managerial/strategic level and hands on technical design and implementation
- Expert with Data Protection technologies (CASB, proxy, network DLP, endpoint DLP, data discovery, key management, tokenization, encryption, etc.); seen as the 'go to' to person for the toughest technical or leadership challenges.
- Experience in building and managing strong technical teams.
- Proven experience attracting, retaining, and growing top engineering talent across geographically distributed teams.
- Ability to nurture and support a strong operations culture - customer/service focus excellent technology - high quality implementations - self-motivated innovation and problem-solving.
- Has experience building security products and is well versed with the security landscape.
- Demonstrated ability of establishing and maintaining metrics-based process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong partnerships with those outside of your immediate organization.
- Successful track record designing, developing and executing critical complex projects in more than one area of functional expertise.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the senior management level across functional groups and business units. Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to the relationship.
Pay Range: 116,820.00 - $233,640 Annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
What We OfferBy choice, we don’t simply accept individuality – we embrace it, we support it, and we thrive on it! Our People First Culture celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it’s the key to our success. We are proud to foster an authentic and inclusive workplace For All. You are free and encouraged to bring your entire, unique self to work. First American is an equal opportunity employer in every sense of the term.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
No jobs have been viewed recently.